Cezve Turkish Coffee for 1 Persons Pot makes Approx 50ml of Coffee
This 1 Person serving coffee pot holds approximately 50 ml of Liquid. Enough for 1 Cup of Turkish coffee. Remember Turkish Coffee is served in small Demitasse (French for Half Coffee Cup) / Espresso Size cups of approx. 45 ml of liquid per cup.
Every real coffee lover will know – “Good coffee is not a drink – it is a way of life”! Savour the unique ritual and fellowship of having Turkish coffee.
This TURKISH COFFE POT is Completely Handmade. All of our Turkish coffee makers are made with copper and are 100% lead free. Copper is the choice of the gourmet professionals for cooking. It is considered the finest practical conductor of heat. Its primary advantage is that it requires only low to moderate heat to obtain the best results. This is why copper is the perfect material to use for Turkish coffee pots called “cezve” (pronounced “ jezz-va” ). With little care, your coffee maker can provide you with many years of service and pleasure.
PERFECT as a Turkish Coffee Pot, Greek Coffee Pot, Arabic Coffee Pot, Briki, Milk Pot, Small Sauce Pan or Butter Melter. The steel part of the Handle can get hot, please use oven mitts.
In Turkey, when you go to somebody’s house, the first question isn’t if you want to drink Turkish coffee, but rather how you would like to have your Turkish coffee prepared. By how, your host is asking about the amount of sugar you would like to have in your coffee. To answer the question, you may say “sade” which means no sugar; “az seker” which means very little sugar; “orta” which means with 1-2 teaspoons of sugar; or “sekerli” which means with 3-4 teaspoon sugar.
Tips for serving Turkish Coffee:
- You will need filtered water, Turkish coffee, cezve (a special wide bottom pot, usually made of copper), Turkish coffee cups, and sugar.
- Always use cold, filtered water.
- To measure the amount of water for each cup, use the coffee cup you are going to use, rather than a standard measuring cup.
- Remember Turkish Coffee is served in small Demitasse (French for Half Coffee Cup) / Espresso Size cups of approx. 45 ml of liquid per cup.
- Turkish coffee is much more finely ground than regular coffee.
- For each cup of coffee, use a heaped Teaspoon of finely ground coffee.
- Slowly bring it to a boil over medium heat. This will take about 3-4 minutes, so keep a close eye on it. As the coffee warms, you will see a dark foam building up. This dark foam is very important. It is customary and important to serve Turkish coffee with foam on top. Closer to it coming to a boil, using a teaspoon, transfer some of the foam into each of your Turkish coffee cups. Return coffee pot to stovetop. As coffee comes to a boil, pour half of the coffee into the cups, over the foam.
- Return coffee pot to stovetop and boil the remaining coffee for an additional 15-20 seconds and pour the rest into the coffee cups, filling them to the rim.
- Turkish coffee is always served with water, because a sip of water will allow the person to clear his/her palate before drinking coffee for the best enjoyment. In addition to water, most people like to serve it with a small sweet treat like Turkish delights, chocolate, candy, etc.
- When it comes to serving Turkish coffee, it is important to start with the eldest guest in the room. It is a sign of respect to acknowledge their age and considered disrespectful not to do so.